Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix group mission payout?

When you're grouped, your payout is spread out among all members but the other members don't get any credits. The credits just vanish. To get better XP you have to be grouped. Any way you guy's can fix it so that you can get all the credits and not the other members? If I remember, it was an easy change in the code. Thank you for the consideration.

If I remember correctly, the payout feature does work. The other party members just need to be within a certain range. This is one of the reasons you would see 10 characters on follow with each other back on live farming credits.

Comment

Originally posted by Downstown View Post
      When you're grouped, your payout is spread out among all members but the other members don't get any credits. The credits just vanish. To get better XP you have to be grouped. Any way you guy's can fix it so that you can get all the credits and not the other members? If I remember, it was an easy change in the code. Thank you for the consideration.
      Also 100% of the payout goes to the party member who completes the mission if nobody else is around. Hence the "solo-group" concept.

Comment

That is how it SHOULD be working, but not how it IS working, Striker. On Hydian Live right now, the payout is divided by the number of players in your group no matter how far away they are. But, no matter how close they are, only the mission taker gets his fractional payout.

Comment

It seems this was an intentional change in the SWGEmu Core code.

Code:
          Fixed grouped mission payouts to function as they did at 14.1. The payout is divided by the number of total players instead of only by the number of players in range. A player must be in range to receive their portion.
          As I understand it the payout issue doesn't occur if you group a non-player such as a faction pet or droid. I'm not completely familiar with the physical change they made in the code so I'll have to look into it but it seems at least using faction pets and droids is a solid work around.

Comment

Originally posted by Vandrel View Post
            It seems this was an intentional change in the SWGEmu Core code.

Code:
            Fixed grouped mission payouts to function as they did at 14.1. The payout is divided by the number of total players instead of only by the number of players in range. A player must be in range to receive their portion.
            As I understand it the payout issue doesn't occur if you group a non-player such as a faction pet or droid. I'm not completely familiar with the physical change they made in the code so I'll have to look into it but it seems at least using faction pets and droids is a solid work around.
            I group with a MSE droid and get full payout and XP. Guess that's the work around.

Comment

I suppose this is why I didn't see any solo groups going today among the minimal player base. So best thing to do is drip a droid? What about later trying for higher level missions etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Velius View Post
                I suppose this is why I didn't see any solo groups going today among the minimal player base. So best thing to do is drip a droid? What about later trying for higher level missions etc?
                When going for higher level its imp atst and shocktrooper or nothing and even then you will not get the highest paying ones, btw its a quick code change to revert EMUs 'fix' to the payout system but since the server is trying to act vanilla prolly wont hapoen

Comment

Originally posted by Halic View Post
                  but since the server is trying to act vanilla prolly wont hapoen
                  There are certain things that the SWGEmu team will progress towards that won't fall in line with this server. We're looking to maintain a solid vanilla Pre-CU environment but that's not to say that we're going to completely go with every single change that comes down the pike for Core3. I started playing SWG back when solo groups and holo grinding was a thing and it was by far the most enjoyable experience of the game for me. While the idea of "solo groups" tends to suggest a heavy focus on a solo game-play preference it at the same time promoted grouping and subsequently social interaction (group chats in solo groups were always interesting).

This group change that was added is more of a later Pre-CU change, one I believe that came into the game at the time that multi-passenger vehicles were introduced which ultimately lead to the rise of Chinese Credit Farmers and large bus fulls of AFK characters driving around on follow macros to boost credit farming. I personally do not see any benefit from this change and find that it's more of a Basilisk solution for mission farming in solo groups and actually takes away from the social interaction that normally takes place with large solo group grinding. Call me old fashioned but I'd prefer regular solo group grinding over AFK follow macros any day.

Comment

I agree completely, Vandrel. So does this mean you will be reverting the code to the former way it worked? Or will it be staying as is?

Comment

Originally posted by DentBourne View Post
                      I agree completely, Vandrel. So does this mean you will be reverting the code to the former way it worked? Or will it be staying as is?
                      I hadn't got a chance to look into the code just yet but my intent would be to return it to the way it was previously as that is how I played Pre-CU on the SWG servers. I don't much care for the Chinese Credit Farmer solution that's in place now.

Comment

X